• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poorboys 4-Sale for a donation to WorldVision.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poorboys 4-Sale for a donation to WorldVision.com

I have a bunch of Poorboy's products for sale. The person with the highest bid/offer by this Sunday will get all of the products and I'll make a donation to www.WorldVision.com.

If the offer is more than $250 I will pay shipping cost otherwise you will need to com by and pick it up or pay shipping.

Not a cent goes into my pocket!

So there it is, get it and help some needy children as well.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

WOW! That's a heck of a deal for anyone who uses PB. Looks like well over $500 of product.
    As you make a living, don't forget to live.

Comment

Hey Joe,

That is a great thing you are doing!!!

For everyone else, let's not diminish this threads importance, and avoid discussing the merits or structure of other detailing sites. So let's keep it it on track!! Thanks!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the support. I recieved a bunch of email in support as well.

I agree with 2hotford, lets focus on getting these products auctioned off and the money to where it will do some good.

Again thanks everybody
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

If someone cough's up the $250 I will throw another $50 in to make the donation an even $300 I wish I could do more but funds is gettin a little tight this time of year.
          If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Thanks Brian! You da man!!

Comment

joe, have you considered doing a charity auction on ebay? I am not sure how all that works but its just a thought.
              If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

I never knew that could be done!

You know it is getting to the point where I can't even give these products away.

I will look into the charity auction, great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                  I never knew that could be done!

You know it is getting to the point where I can't even give these products away.

I will look into the charity auction, great idea.
                  Joe, if you do go the eBay route, make sure you do a little research first. I've heard people run into difficulties with eBay. I read on a different forum that some guy was trying to sell a fairly valuable vinyl record for the tsunami victims, and he said he was donating all money to the Red Cross. eBay cancelled his auction saying that if he was going to donate the money, he needed proof from the charity somehow. He was dedicated and emailed the Red Cross and all sorts of stuff and he still couldn't get the auction up. I'm not sure what happened in the end, but I think it was kind of a PITA for him. Not sure if things are different now, but it could be something to look out for.

Comment

If I run into any problems I will sell it off normally then make a donation myself.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I wonder if I should just take this stuff to my local high school auto body class and donate it there?

Comment

Joe,

Stand by for a PM....I am discussing something with the money controller(aka wifey).

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine

Wow that is strange. Try selling them on Detail City they love Poorboy's products on that site.

Comment

Your the Bomb Joe keep up the good work and there are not to many like yourself who are willing to go the extra mile to help out those who need it the most...

Should you need help please let me know.... also i am strap for cash since it this time of month but if you decide to part some of it out let me know i will help out for this cause.... God Bless you and Marry X-mas
                          Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Yeah if you car part some out I would love to get some off you.. don't have too much cash around at this time of the year

Comment

***Update***

Hi everyone,

First let me say I'm not a very good Moderator, that is I'm better at answering how-to questions than I am at playing the role of a Policeman.

Second let me say that I actually don't enjoy playing Moderator.

Two strikes against me.

While I was in all day meetings this week, this thread started to drift into an ugly area we don't as a community don't want to go to. Suffice to say, I've cleaned up this thread and moved it back into public view.

I think Joe has concluded his generous offer and he may update this thread to bring it to culmination, otherwise let's focus on the positive, let's focus on our passion for the craft and let's stay above the fray in this thread and in all the threads on MOL.

I'm taking my Moderators Hat off and hanging it up on a dusty peg on the wall outside my office door now.

Thanks everyone...
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');